Sunday, August 23, 2009

Driving to Distraction....

Ok, so this book has me putting off other duties, chores, etc. that I should really be doing, just to read one more page. The Tuesday library deadline is looming closer...and I don't want to restart the book.

I did, however, manage to get to the library - my favorite place in the world (go figure), and get 4 of my next books. They are all very small, especially compared to Atlas Shrugged and Ulyssess.

There are also several books that the library does not even have (which, with the size of the collection, is hard for me to believe. So it looks like I'll have to do some training and hunting before getting to them.

As I've had such a "magnificent" time with this book so far, and it was no. 100, I have decided to go bottomish upwards in my search for the next book (that's me, always starting, never finishing before starting on a new project - in this case, it's all for the greater good). Some books with pretty covers, a couple of international themes which I am of course excited about, for anyone who knows me.

Getting a laptop and rid of my stuffy computer desk has really helped to up my blogging - and the b/f being away also helps. It's also a way to justify not doing my chores....

A couple of noteworthy notes....

Chapter VII

"Git a hoss! Git a hoss!" Shout the children as the "horseless carriage" goes through town - sceptics of the inventor of the first car...going around prior to rubber tires blown up with air. What they were using, it doesn't say....

Chapter IX

"In his bitterness, George uttered a significant monosyllable."

I love writing from early 1900's...Let's just say I have been known to utter a significant monosyllable.

Back to groceries :(

No comments:

Post a Comment