Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving on from Australia

A Town Like Alice was a fascinating read, me being a hopeless romantic, I couldn't wait for this war-torn couple came together again, and Jean Paget put the town of Willstown together, building it into a "Town like Alice", aka Alice Springs which was "meant for a lady". I have to say, I wouldn't mind coming into an unknown inheritance, but she put foward ideas that seemed although far too simple, inspirational in a Scarlett O'Hara kind of way.

This book definitely rated high on my list of favorites so far..if not the favorite of the lists at this point.

Another to add to the list. Done.

My next book? The Friday Night Knitting Club", although not on the list, something that came in for me at the library that I can't help but starting in a cold January when all I'm doing otherwise is knitting. Why not read about it?

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment