Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back Atter



Ok, so, after another viewing of Julie&Julia (which was still just as inspiring and comical as the first time) and a little nudging from the b/f, I am back at it, and I am going to finish this project, damn it!


To be honest, I have been reading, although not as much as I'd like to - I was distracted by numerous other books. So, after having 12 or so sitting on my table from the library, all acquiring library fines, I finished one - Away, by Amy Bloom. Definitely worth reading, and a very interesting story of a life of beauty and hardship, and one very strong woman. A refreshing read, really, and a surprising end. Those who love historical fiction novels like I do, this is a quick read for you.

I have also started Suite Francais, a novel in which the author was an older Anne Frank, written about the war, during the war. A fascinating read, yet again for the historical fiction fans. And, yet again, it is late back to the library, but worth returning, paying the fine, and renewing if at all possible.



Now, I think my interest has waned a little from the Board`s list - time to hunker down, skip the library fines, and read what I have borrowed from others: from Andrew, the lovely Ayn Rand novels, of which there are several on the list. From Cindy, The Hunt for Red October. Or maybe it`s time to start Ulyssess, or Kim. I will see what grabs me...interest is waning here at 10:45 pm...

No comments:

Post a Comment